Hi.

This blog is about music, lyrics and memories - three inexplicably intertwining ideas.

Friday 25 March 2011

Consequence of Sound's Top 100 Albums of All Time.

I think of myself as quite musically diverse now and then - and then I talk to certain people and see conversations on lovely FaceBook, only to find I'm wrong. Drastically wrong. Quite embarrassingly drastically wrong.

So, in order to further broaden these musical horizons - and get some more useless knowledge and trivia into this already nearly full-to-the-brim mind - I've decided that I'm going to listen to Consequence of Sound's Top 100 Albums of All Time, and document my opinion of each album. I chose this particular list because it's not Q ("Hi, we love Radiohead. And Kings of Leon. A little bit too much."), Rolling Stone ("We're good at changing our opinion every ten years.") or NME ("We're good at changing our opinion every week."). Nice and varied, is this list. And it was made in September of 2010, so it's relatively up to date. Just in case you want to argue/disagree/laugh/cry/have a gander. Or even join me on this journey.

I've already started with #100, which is Kanye West's 2004 debut album, "The College Dropout". And after a few other albums, your first article will be written very soon.

But anyway, I hope you enjoy, and feel free to throw in your tuppence hither and thither.

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment